- Job Search
- Costs Draftsman
A Legal 500 ranked law firm with a market-leading reputation is seeking an experienced costs draftsman to join their Manchester city centre office.
- Manage your own caseload of personal injury and clinical negligence costs matters
- To keep up to date with all aspects of the law relating to costs law and the Civil Procedure Rules
- To work as part of a new team and assist the Costs Manager in developing the team
- To work under the instruction of the Costs Manager to achieve overall aims of the costs team
- Dealing with; bills of costs, replies and/or points of dispute, costs budgets, negotiations and advices
- Experience in working on Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence matters
- Experience as a Costs Draftsman to include both drafting work and negotiations
- Experience using a Case Management System (Proclaim preferable but full training will be provided)
- Experience in using Costs Master is preferable
- Experience in both Multi-Track and Fixed Costs Matters is preferable
- Understanding of Money Laundering Guidelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules
- The ability to undertake court advocacy where appropriate before District and Circuit Judges
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018