- Job Search
- EL/PL Litigation Solicitor
Exciting opportunity to work for a national firm to work part of a team providing a comprehensive range of legal advice and representation of the police force on sensitive and challenging cases that often attract media attention.
- Solicitor will be based on permanent secondment to Guildford with the Surrey & Sussex Police.
- Advise police offices from this force on a wide range of operational policing matters including lawfulness of disclosure requests received
- Attend the Family Court to represent the Chief Constable in respect of disclosure requests from the Local Authority and behalf of the Police to assist with ongoing investigations
- Solicitor with at least 5 years PQE you will ideally have experience in police litigation and handling matters for police forces and their authorities
- You will carry a caseload of police files under supervision which would include drafting pleadings, applications and statements
- Solicitors / Legal Executives with defendant personal injury experience in EL/PL or catastrophic injury and/or civil litigation experience with a demonstrable interest in this area are encouraged to apply
- Strong advocacy experience, role would therefore also be suitable for a Barrister / Legal Executive with equivalent experience
- Experience of advising a public body would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role with the Surrey and Sussex Police, please contact Clara Rogers for further details.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018