- Job Search
- Solicitor | CILEX | Utilities | Nottingham | Regional Firm
One of the UK's leading, regional, full-service law firms with a strong presence in the East Midlands is recruiting for a solicitor/associate or equivalent Legal Executive to join their Nottingham utilities team.
· Join one of the UK's largest specialist legal provider of bespoke volume property solutions for the energy sector.
· You will have the opportunity to provide legal advice to clients and colleagues relating to the operational property requirements of electricity distribution, gas and fibre optic network operators, including easements, leases and transfers.
· The work is fast-paced, time-sensitive and high volume and requires excellent levels of organizational, supervisory and technical ability.
· In addition to dealing with a caseload of complex, high profile matters, the role includes responsibility for sign off and execution of documents under a power of attorney and mentoring/developing the skill sets of a large team of paralegals.
· This role is client and team facing and will give you the opportunity to work with the country's industry leading electricity and gas networks operators.
· Working as a key member of a large team to deliver deadline-driven completion outputs to deal with complex, high-profile transactions.
· Proactively assisting colleagues with matter queries and intervening where required and gaining confidence and trust of clients and colleagues.
· Developing and maintaining good client relationships
· Participating in marketing activities
· Supervising and mentoring paralegals within the team to become lawyers of the future
· Qualified Solicitor (or CILEX with broad experience and a keen interest in utilities work)
· Ideally experience in commercial property
· Analytical and detail focused with strong sense of commercial awareness
· Supervision experience and proven track record in developing junior team members
· Strong team player
· Ability to manage complex caseloads and work under pressure
· 35 hour working week - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
· Agile working (3 days in the office/2 days WFH)
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to a maximum of 30 days for additional years of service)
· A day off on your birthday each year
· Life Assurance (x3 times salary)
· Pensions Scheme (Legal and General)
· Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme Telephone Line
· Salary Sacrifice Options (Including Cycle to Work Scheme, additional pension contributions and annual leave purchase options)
· Professional Subscriptions
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY, alternatively please contact Clare Rumble at BCL Legal for further details.
BCL is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like