- Job Search
- Senior Associate | Contentious Construction Solicitor | Notts
Senior Associate | Contentious Construction | National Firm | Nottingham
BCL Legal is delighted to be assisting a UK Top 50 Law Firm with the recruitment of a Contentious Construction Senior Associate to join their Construction Disputes team in Nottingham.
This position has arisen due to significant growth over the past few years and a desire to further expand its construction and engineering team.
This firm welcomes applicants from diverse candidates and is a truly inclusive employer.
- The firm is looking for a contentious construction senior associate to join its construction team in Nottingham.
- You will be providing quality service to clients in matters of construction and engineering disputes for a broad range of clients across a variety of sectors.
- The role will also involve a high degree of client contact and business development activity. Key responsibilities of the successful contentious construction solicitor:
* Specialist advice in all aspects of contentious building, construction and engineering work
* The resolution of problems in construction law
* The ability to master complex regulations and procedures with careful attention to detail and to
* explain and provide advice to clients
* The ability and willingness to support other areas of the practice where relevant
* The ability to think laterally in order to consolidate and support a variety of disciplines
* Enthusiasm for the provision of marketing support
* Meeting financial goals with a good track record in achieving both targets. You are expected to
* achieve at least 6.5 hours chargeable time each day
* Individual responsibilities would be designed in conjunction with your personal development plan
- Qualified solicitor
- Experience in contentious work (and ideally some non-contentious work)
- Commercial awareness
- Common sense approach to problem solving
- The ability to follow through on ideas for improving service to clients
- The ability to provide and communicate practical, commercial advice in a straightforward manner
- An enquiring mind, attentive to detail with a willingness to accept new challenges and able to manage own time effectively
- A willingness to support in person or digital marketing and social events organised by the firm or its clients or professional organisations, maintaining professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- A new challenge working at a thriving firm in Nottingham.
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- An excellent development platform comes as part and parcel of this role.
- Hybrid working - on average no more than 3 days a week from home.
If you're interested in this Contentious Construction Senior Associate role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Clare Rumble at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like