- Job Search
- Wealth Management Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive
**Wealth Management Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive role available - Devon**
* A highly competitive salary + benefits
A well established regional firm are currently recruiting for an experienced Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to join their Wealth Management Team. The firm has built a strong reputation for advising families, including business-owners, farmers and high net worth individuals, with complex succession-planning needs. Renowned for their technical expertise and dedication to providing accurate, effective and pragmatic, solutions to clients.
Based out of it's Exeter office you will be a driven and ambitious lawyer, helping them build on their strong reputation, helping you to develop your own career in a supportive and busy team.
They believe that their people are their most important asset, and are committed to supporting their teams, cultivating a healthy culture of challenge and expectation with support and care. They invest in their teams and our infrastructure to ensure that they attract and retain talented staff, and are committed to giving all colleagues the opportunity to reach their full potential, with a real focus on training and development.
You will work mainly within the High-Net-Worth sub-team within the Wealth Management Team. As part of that sub-team, you will work on client matters alongside the Team Leader, with paralegal and administrative support.
Your role will include advising families on the succession planning tools available to them including, Wills, trusts and powers of attorney. You will also undertake the day-to-day management of complex and high value estates which require the successful application of Inheritance Tax reliefs and exemptions. This will include direct negotiations with HMRC to achieve the best results for clients when necessary.
This work will be carried out under the supervision of the team leader and senior associates within the team with the aim of working towards developing your skills in this complex area and much sought-after area of law.
There will be a particular focus on assisting business owning families with the tax implications of passing their business down the generations, both generally and when crafting Wills and trusts for succession-planning
* Ideally you will be a technically skilled Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive
* Highly motivated lawyer who wants to take the next step in their career and to build their future with this firm
* An ability to work closely with team members and a willingness to work as part of a team with the aim of achieving a common goal would be beneficial.
* Successfully achieved or is working towards a STEP Diploma qualification or equivalent.
* Ideally, you will have 3-5+ years PQE and will have had some exposure to estates involving Agricultural Business Property Relief from Inheritance Tax.
If you are ready to take that next step in your career and this role is of interest, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
BCL Legal are an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like