Senior Residential Conveyancer/Solicitor/Legal Executive - Chesterfield
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Conveyancer to join and lead a busy and thriving team based in Chesterfield.
Immediate Start (dependent upon notice period)
Salary - around £45k+ (DOE)
Fully office based due to supervision of staff needs, however, flexible / hybrid working will be considered for the right candidate.
If you are currently frustrated and are unable to progress in your current position, this exciting opportunity will bring you in at a senior level. The position is appropriate for an experienced Residential Conveyancing Solicitor, Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
If successful, you will be responsible for managing an agreed caseload of purchase, sale and leasehold matters from start to finish so should be able to hit the ground running. You will have a thorough working knowledge of conveyancing practice and procedures whilst being used to working with an IT case management system. This position would suit someone who is organised, ambitious and willing to play an active role in the Residential Property team's ongoing success.
You will have well-developed client care skills, are personable and confident and should enjoy working in a team environment with the ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues as you will be expected to lead, support and oversee an established team. The role would suit someone who is skilled at building lasting working relationships with clients and referrers, who is willing to play an active role in the team's business development activities with the aim of continuing the growth of the Chesterfield office conveyance work. Support will be provided with management of the team and the development of your role as a valued member of the Company. The reputation of the firm is excellent, and the successful candidate will join an established Department.
* Competence and experience in handling Residential Property Purchase, Sale and Leasehold matters from start to finish.
* Maintain efficient systems to diarise and ensure all deadlines are met.
* Demonstrate excellent client care, apply technical knowledge and communicate complex legal matters into a commercially astute and understandable format.
* Meet with clients/referrers and provide expert legal advice in the legal area.
* Ensure legal knowledge is kept up-to-date and commit to continual self-development.
* Run legal matters in an organised and efficient manner ensuring client document, advice history and time recording/billing processes are undertaken and recorded in accordance with firm procedures.
* Manage, supervise, train and develop support staff.
* Ability to build lasting working relationships with clients and referrers.
* Consistently play an active role in the team's business development activities with the aim of continuing the growth of Conveyancing work.
* Solicitor, Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer with PQE 3+ years
* Demonstrable experience of managing a broad caseload of Residential Property purchase sale and leasehold matters from start to finish.
* Previous experience working on purchase, sale and leasehold matters.
* Thorough working knowledge of conveyancing practice and procedures.
* Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to tight deadlines whilst being very self-motivated.
* Demonstrable experience of being actively involved in business development activities and growth within the legal area.
* Experience in assisting with or managing, supervising, training and developing support staff.
* Good IT knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and experience of using a case management system.
* Credible past and consistent billing/financial performance.
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Calm under pressure.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Full driving licence/own transport is essential as there may be an element of travelling to various locations to attend meetings with referrers, professionals and company offices.
This role offers an opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment where a competitive salary of around £45,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
If this role is of interest and you meet the requirements above, please send your updated CV to email@example.com