Would you like to work on some of the world's most complex and challenging engineering programmes?
Our multinational client seeks to recruit an additional solicitor to work as In-house Legal Counsel at its office in Preston, Lancashire.
Applications are actively encouraged from solicitors with commercial legal experience, gained working as a contracts solicitor or in another commercial legal discipline, such as corporate, commercial litigation, commercial insurance, construction, real estate, or projects.
Our client is a global engineering business with operations throughout the UK, Europe, US and beyond. It is one of the UK's leading companies and its products are services are increasingly high-tech, complex and diverse.
This role is a superb opportunity for those looking to work for a leading company that is involved at the cutting edge of technology, whilst also working in an established legal team comprising experienced in-house solicitors.
Role - In-house Legal Counsel:
Embedded within the businesses, as In-house Legal Counsel you be a part of a collegiate and welcoming in-house legal team. You will have involvement in high-value and complex legal and commercial matters, and you will be afforded a high degree of autonomy and responsibility as a true legal business partner.
Example duties and and responsibilities include:
- drafting, negotiating, agreeing and completing contractual agreements with customers and partners in the UK, US and Europe;
- providing proactive, high quality, business-focused legal advice and solutions in a timely manner and as a business partner, across multiple jurisdictions;
- drafting, negotiating, agreeing, completing and supporting contractual arrangements with customers and partners which contribute to the development of the business;
- ensuring compliance with all applicable legal requirements including health and safety, procurement law, product safety, compliance and ethical business conduct;
- supporting on export contracts and ensuring governance in establishing internal partnerships;
- participation in disputes to assist in developing appropriate strategies for their effective resolution;
- contributing to the wider UK and global legal function, as and when required.
Applicants should be a UK qualified solicitor with appropriate training and experience gained at a leading commercial law firm and/or equivalent in-house legal department.
Due to the diverse nature of the industry sector and products, our client is willing to consider applications from solicitors experienced in a range of commercial legal disciplines. This includes commercial, corporate, commercial litigation, commercial insurance, real estate construction, projects etc.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package which includes a bonus, pension, enhanced annual leave allowance and a company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
They also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.