- Job Search
- Head of Legal / Sole Counsel
£80,000 - 100,000
Our Greater Manchester client is an expanding energy business with a long and proud history in the sector. As well as offering a range of innovative energy products and services, including green energy products, our client has an a excellent reputation for it's customer service and focus on putting the customer first.
Role - Head of Legal / Sole Counsel:
Following a period of sustained growth, and with a new product offering imminent, our client seeks to recruit an experienced commercial solicitor to join the team as its first dedicated Head of Legal / Sole Counsel.
A part of the senior management team, specific responsibilities of this role are likely to include:
- commercial and regulatory support on the company's commercial activities;
- providing strategic and legal advice to stakeholders;
- drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements;
- overseeing early stages of commercial disputes and advising on various litigation matters;
- instructing and managing external legal counsel when required;
- and operating as part of the leadership team on legal issues, policies, contract terms etc.
It is anticipated that you will be an England & Wales qualified commercial solicitor with at least 6+ years' PQE. You will ideally have experience working in-house in industry and it is likely you live in Greater Manchester, Lancashire or surrounds. You should be a confident self-starter and you must be comfortable operating as the sole legal adviser to the business.
Existing energy sector experience is advantageous however it is not essential.
What's on offer?
Our client has a stated salary range of c. £80-90k in mind for this position. In addition you will receive a bonus of up to 20% and a 4% employer pension contribution. Additional benefits include access to an on site gym, free parking and flexi-time.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like