An exciting Head of Legal opportunity has arisen in Manchester city centre at the growing digital business Zuto. Founded in 2006 and operating in the financial services - FinTech - space, Zuto has consistently been mentioned in the Fastest Growing Companies in the UK rankings and has achieved a 98% customer rating for its services. In addition, the Company was named in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for, for three consecutive years.
To help support its future growth aspirations, Zuto's management team are looking for a Head of Legal to come on board and be an instrumental part of this journey.
As Head of Legal, you will be managing an existing legal function that is integrated in all core business activities, with real scope to make the role your own. You will have the opportunity to grow your role and the legal function further as the business expands, and you will have daily involvement with high calibre colleagues plus our partners, investors and trusted lenders.
In this role you will be responsible for managing a Trainee Solicitor and Paralegal, and you will support the Company with the provision of legal services to all parts of the business.
· Handling a busy, varied and demanding workload of in-house legal matters, with commercial contracts as the main focus. These will include digital marketing, financial introductory, IT, agency and supplier contracts.
· Managing predominantly small-claims disputes centred around breach of contract, with the day to day running of the cases being conducted by the rest of the legal team.
· Ensuring good governance and legal risk management throughout the company.
· Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in relation to commercial contracts.
· Providing training where appropriate.
· Developing and managing Zuto.com's legal risk management and compliance processes.
We are ideally looking for a lawyer with c4-7 years' experience gained within a leading commercial private practice law firm or strong in-house legal team. You must have the confidence to handle the full range of legal issues facing the business and the drive and ambition to take your career forward in a successful and growing company. In addition, we are looking for an individual with a pragmatic, commercial approach and strong influencing and decision-making skills.
The Company's offices are based in both Macclesfield and the centre of Manchester. The primary location for the role is Manchester which provides a typical 'tech' environment with table tennis, games consoles and a very modern, open-plan working environment. However, there would be an expectation to be present in the Macclesfield office from time to time.
This role is offered on a permanent basis.
BCL Legal is the exclusive agency assisting Zuto.com. For more information please contact Craig Wilson via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 819 7475
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.