- Job Search
- In-house Employment Counsel
Our client is one of the most recognisable brands in its industry and its services are used by thousands of people every day. The company employees c. 2,500 people and it has operations in over 20 locations. The head office is located in Manchester.
The purpose of the In-house Employment Counsel is to provide legal advice to the UK business, the HR department and the wider management team. You will work broadly and strategically, exercising commercial and practical judgment, and you will take a lead role in legal and HR projects.
Specific duties are anticipated to include:
- Advice on a full range of employment matters including EWC, collective consultation, TUPE and working time regulations;
- Acting as key legal advisor to the HR team providing commercial and strategic advice;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating employment contracts and other documentation;
- Involvement in industrial relations issues and collective bargaining;
- Conducting employment tribunals including case management hearings and trials;
- Monitoring and managing employment policies and templates in accordance with Group policy;
- Developing and delivering legal training to relevant parts of the business;
- Support with GDPR compliance and reviewing subject access requests;
- Managing relationships with external law firms and ensuring that all law firms provide relevant, timely and cost-effective advice.
Candidates applying for the position of In-house Employment Counsel are anticipated to have 8+ years' PQE of dealing with respondent employment law matters. This will ideally have been gained whilst working at a leading national or international law firm, or equivalent in-house department.
Experience of handling industrial relations issues and advocacy are a must have. In-house experience is preferred however it is not essential.
You will receive a competitive basic salary plus generous contributory pension, death in service and life assurance cover, free onsite parking, subsidised food and various discounts and concessions.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018