- Job Search
- Legal Counsel
Global engineering company seeks NQ-3 years' PQE solicitor to assume a Legal Counsel position at its offices in Warrington, Cheshire.
Applicants are encouraged from solicitors with general commercial, corporate, commercial litigation and/or projects or construction experience.
Our client is a multinational engineering company that provides a diverse range of innovative and high-tech industrial and technology products and services to clients across the globe.
The company is a multi-billion revenue business that operates in over 100 countries, and its clients and partners include many high-profile and well known blue-chip companies.
This role sits within the UK & Ireland legal team based near Warrington, Cheshire. It is commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Chester and surrounds.
Role - Legal Counsel:
Working alongside the General Counsel and the UK & Ireland legal team, as Legal Counsel you will advise and support on legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to business activities across all company divisions.
Specific duties include:
- the provision of legal advice and counsel to local management;
- reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements from inception to conclusion;
- working with local management to proactively identify legal issues;
- helping to develop effective legal strategies and practical solutions;
- delivering legal and integrity training to stakeholders;
- contributing to the development of new Group directives and implementing the same;
- managing and liaising with external services providers, including external legal counsel;
- and, supporting and advising overseas colleagues on matters relating to English Law.
To be considered for the Legal Counsel position, you should have circa 0-3 years' PQE and a experience of general commercial contracts, commercial litigation, corporate law and/or construction or projects matters. Training at a reputable commercial law firm or equivalent in-house team is essential.
You should possess an interest in working in-house for a large engineering company, and you should be willing to working on a diverse range of contracts covering a diverse range of legal and commercial matters.
Basic salary + car allowance + bonus + generous matched pension + flexible benefits scheme.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018