Our Cheshire based client is a listed global manufacturing company. It serves customers in multiple industries and focuses on bringing to market innovative new technologies.
Supporting, advising and protecting the company is a dedicated in-house Legal team made up of experienced in-house counsel. Integral to the company's success, the In-house Legal Department is a valued and respected function within the organisation.
Legal Counsel role:
To support the legal department in the provision of its services, our client seeks to recruit a Legal Counsel on a permanent and full-time basis.
Working on global legal matters affecting the UK, EMEA and AsiaPac territories, as Legal Counsel you will be responsible for a broad caseload of commercial (c. 70%) and corporate (c. 30%) matters.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- day to day commercial legal advice on all matters and all divisions;
- drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements including supply, purchase, agency, distribution, collaborations, confidentiality, consultancy and tenders;
- assisting with M&A and internal group restructuring projects;
- dealing with company secretarial matters including Annual Meeting documentation; company records and minute books; and drafting various resolutions for companies in the group;
- providing ad hoc legal support to other corporate functions whilst working to build strong relationships with internal contacts at all levels within the business;
- assisting with certain administrative tasks to support the functioning of the legal team;
- and assisting with other ad hoc matters as required.
Our client is looking for an NQ-3 years' PQE solicitor with a desire to work in a fast paced international business, undertaking a varied, challenging and interesting commercial and corporate caseload.
Individuals with commercial contracts and/or corporate experience are encouraged to apply, and our client will also consider applications from qualified solicitor with other commercial experience - e.g. commercial litigation, commercial property, construction, projects etc.
Competitive basic salary, bonus, healthcare, pension, death in service, sharesave and 25 days annual leave.
Our client's Chershire offices are easily accessible and commutable by car from Warrington, Chester, Wirral and further afield.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.