- Job Search
- In-house Corporate Solicitor
Corporate solicitor sought for in-house Legal Counsel role in North West England. Commutable from Manchester, Liverpool and surrounds, this role also includes home/remote working.
My client is an acquisitive business with a leading position in its sector. It has a track record of growth and expansion organically and via acquisition, and it's client base is a mix of consumer and business customers.
Due to a growth in legal work, and to support the company through M&A and commercial projects, a newly created opportunity has arisen for a c. 5+ PQE Corporate Solicitor to join the in-house team.
Role - In-house Corporate Solicitor / Legal Counsel:
Reporting into the General Counsel, and working alongside existing team members, as Legal Counsel you will be responsible for a broad corporate and commercial workload encompassing the following key duties:
· Support and advice to the business on M&A activity, including negotiating key transaction documents;
· Negotiating and advising the business on various corporate, project and commercial contracts;
· Participating in and project management of the due diligence process for corporate transactions;
· Ensuring all necessary legal matters are dealt with effectively in the integration of acquired businesses into the Group;
· Ensuring that the legislative regime and industry and best practice guidelines are followed;
· Providing other general legal advice to the business.
Commutable from Manchester, Liverpool and other parts of Lancashire, Merseyside and Cheshire, this role also includes home/remote working.
Person / About you:
Our client is looking to hire a Corporate Solicitor with circa 5+ years' PQE, ideally gained at a national or international law firm. You should possess substantial experience in M&A and other corporate and commercial transactions; be a self-starter with the ability to run with complex legal matters autonomously; and be a team player with the interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels including the Board.
Experience of UK listed company governance and compliance requirements is an advantage. Existing in-house experience is not essential although it could be advantageous.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this position. Home working is also available.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like