- Job Search
- Legal Counsel
A global investment company offering capital and transaction advice to tech start ups, entrepreneurs and founders across the globe. The company has a track record of success and has backed a number of unicorn tech companies that are well known to the public.
Our client is a passionate, fast paced and entrepreneurial business with ambitious plans to grow revenue and head count, and establish new business lines and a presence in new jurisdictions.
Role - Legal Counsel:
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, as Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing commercial legal support, advice and solutions to key stakeholders and the wider business. You will help prepare the business for the next stage of growth, and in doing so you will see development and expansion of your own duties, responsibilities and position in the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including engagement letters, confidentiality agreements and commercial contracts;
- Confidently project manage external advisers, strategic projects, current initiatives and the busy and fast paced internal workload;
- Be responsible for reporting to the business and executives on key legal issues / terms;
- Confidently conduct reviews of commercial contracts and negotiate improved terms;
- Prepare and deliver training on key legal and compliance topics to the rest of the business;
- Assist with company secretarial tasks - writing board minutes, filing statutory forms, reviewing articles of association etc;
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks as required by the Chief Legal Officer.
About you - key attributes:
It is anticipated that the Legal Counsel will have circa 3+ years' PQE in a corporate/transactional or commercial role. You should be capable of working independently on commercial or corporate contract negotiations with counterparties, and you should be confident managing interactions with senior business executives, external advisors and clients.
It is anticipated that you will have a passion for technology and working with start-up companies and entrepreneurs, and you should possess a commercial, solutions orientated approach with a high degree of attention to detail.
Package and Benefits:
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary plus bonus, pension, healthcare, dental, gym membership and the opportunity to purchase equity.
An element of home working is on offer although it is important that you do have office time to meet colleagues, build relationships and learn about the business. An element of business travel should also be expected.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018