Our client is a diversified aviation and energy services company with operations and interests across the UK.
The company culture is described as open and honest, agile, and flexible, and the legal team is empowered to look for solutions and put forward ideas.
The company location in Cheshire is easily commutable from Liverpool, Warrington, Chester, West Manchester and surrounding areas. Hybrid working is available.
Role - Legal Counsel:
Working alongside the General Counsel and Senior Counsel, as Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing proactive legal advice and support to the company and its various business divisions.
You will review legal arrangements and documentation, particularly commercial contracts and property documents. You will be expected to deliver pragmatic and commercially focused solutions and advise on a variety of contractual matters, and you will assist on large projects and ad hoc matters across this diversified group.
- Providing clear and concise legal advice and support across the business, covering a range of areas including commercial contracts, real estate, corporate, employment and disputes.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documentation to support business objectives and assisting with the resolution of disputes concerning commercial contracts.
- Delivering practical, creative and commercial solutions and value within budgets and time constraints, whilst ensuring risks are understood and mitigated.
- Providing support to the Senior Legal Counsel and General Counsel & Company Secretary
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legal, legislative, regulatory and industry developments, and informing and updating the team.
You should be a qualified solicitor with circa 2-6 years' PQE, ideally with previous experience of working in an in-house legal environment, although this is not essential.
It is anticipated that you will have trained and worked as a commercial solicitor, with experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, however our client is willing to consider applications from solicitors specialising in commercial litigation, construction or commercial property.
This is a full-time role, with flexible/remote working available. Some travel to London and other locations may be required from time to time.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.