- Job Search
- Property Litigation - NQ Associate
Real Estate Disputes Associate - NQ+ - Birmingham
This International firm with over 19 worldwide offices, seek to recruit a Solicitor to join their Real Estate Disputes team in Birmingham.
The specialist Property Litigation Team contains 22 fee earners at two offices in London and Birmingham. Physically located within the Real Estate Group we have the benefit of working with one of the largest real estate practices in the country with a diverse range of clients from house-builders to pension funds, and taking in property companies, developers and telecoms operators along the way. Ranked by the directories in the top tiers for Birmingham and for London, also attracting stand-alone clients looking for specialist help with complex or high value disputes
The role involves a lot of independent responsibility, managing a large number of cases; working independently (with a Partner) and in larger teams (depending on the size and complexity of the particular dispute); advising on and managing all stages of the litigation process from the outset to trial, dealing directly with clients; and instructing/working alongside other professionals such as surveyors and advocates.
The caseload is likely to include:
· Clearing off or enforcing rights on freehold land such as easements or restrictive covenants
· Development related issues such as rights to light, vacant possession strategies and nuisance claims
· Contract disputes concerning land, including pre-conditions, breach and overage disputes
· Professional negligence issues arising from real estate transactions
· Landlord and tenant, especially business tenancies
· 1954 Act renewals
· Forfeiture and possession claims
· Rent/Service charge issues
· Rent reviews
· Insolvency issues impacting on real estate/leases
· As a property litigator you need to have experience of and enjoy contentious litigation and an understanding of clients, and transactions, in the Real Estate sector
· NQ - 5 PQE
If you'd like to be considered for the Real Estate Disputes role in Birmingham, apply now, or contact Donna Jones for further details.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like