- Job Search
- Children's Lawyer
20th November 2022
Children's Solicitor (Public Law) 2-5 PQE - National Firm - Birmingham - full or part-time (4 days)
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to recruit a 2-5PQE Family Solicitor who specialises in child health, social care and education issues within the public sector, both contentious and non-contentious. There is no upper PQE limit set so would welcome more senior applicants. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that manages a varied caseload of both advisory and contentious matters in children's public law. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis.
As a Children's Solicitor, based in the Birmingham office of this national law firm, you will be involved in a wide variety complex work. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
* Advising on Special Educational Needs and Disability work.
* Advising on advising around safeguarding and child protection cases
* Litigation and will involve advocacy in the First Tier Tribunal and the Family/High Court as appropriate
* Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Children's Solicitor will:
* Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with 2-5 years' post qualification experience (or higher)
* Have strong experience advising clients on a range of child health, social care and education issues relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house.
* Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
* Have a real passion for safeguarding and child protection cases.
* An interest in developing a career in health, social care and education law.
The successful Children's Solicitor will be rewarded with a strong package including:
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive suite of benefits.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Children's Associate Solicitor opportunity, please contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal.
Placing People in Companies Like