Employment Director or Partner
BCL are delighted to be working alongside the Birmingham office of this national firm who are are seeking a Director or Partner Level employment lawyer to join their friendly and dynamic team. You will have a good following or referral network with the ambition and skills to help lead and grow the team. This firm genuinely care about their clients and employees and have an excellent reputation for delivering technically strong and commercial advise to clients from a whole range of sectors including; charities, education, energy, food, manufacturing, retail and transport.
This is a great opportunity for an employment partner who is seeking a new and exciting role within a highly regarded and busy employment team.
Working cross-office on other matters and projects, this is a role with a clear path for progression and will include:
* Advising on disciplinary and grievance matters, unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE, whistleblowing, redundancy, national living wage, restructures and strategic advice to senior management teams and boards
* Advise senior executives and professionals in all aspects of the employment relationship
* You will manage a mixed caseload of contentious and non-contentious matters and help develop the employment offering in Birmingham
* You will have the support of the national team and will be able to use junior lawyers, in different locations, for resource
* You will help supervise more junior members of the team
* Business protection audits, employment tribunal claims, TUPE, outsourcing and corporate support
* Corporate support on restructuring exercises
* Delivering seminars and hosting HR workshops
The ideal candidate will work for a highly ranked legal 500 national law firm with a culture built on transparency, integrity and entrepreneurism and be able to demonstrate strong experience working on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
They should be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent technical and commercial skills
* Strong client facing skills
* Strong BD skills and a track record of developing business - ideally with a following of work or otherwise a referral network
* Show a keen interest in developing client relationships
- Leading National firm
- An opportunity to shape the future strategy of the team
- A friendly and dynamic environment to build your career
- Competitive remuneration package and benefits package
- Flexible and agile working options
- Well liked culture and environment
If you wish to apply for the role of Employment Director or Partner, please do not hesitate to contact Donna Jones. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.