- Job Search
- Property Litigation Senior Associate or Legal Director
Real Estate Disputes - Senior Associate/Legal Director
Large international firm in Birmingham city centre offers a Property Litigation Senior Associate/LD the opportunity to join the highly reputable team. As a Property Litigation Solicitor in this team you will work on fantastic quality matters with a focus in the public sector. This is a permanent, full time position.
Property litigation solicitors applying for this position should be a confident property litigation lawyer, be able to display an excellent presence with clients and be happy taking on responsibility in a client facing role. The work will be high level and rewarding and push a driven and ambitious property litigation lawyer to take on some complex work for a varied client based including property investors, occupiers and developers.
The specialist Property Litigation Team contains 27 fee earners at two offices in London and Birmingham. Physically located within the Real Estate Group we have the benefit of working with one of the largest real estate practices in the country with a diverse range of clients from house-builders to pension funds, and taking in property companies, developers and telecoms operators along the way. Ranked by the directories in the top tiers for Birmingham and for London, also attracting stand-alone clients looking for specialist help with complex or high value disputes
The role involves a lot of independent responsibility, managing a large number of cases; working independently (with a Partner) and in larger teams (depending on the size and complexity of the particular dispute); advising on and managing all stages of the litigation process from the outset to trial, dealing directly with clients; and instructing/working alongside other professionals such as surveyors and advocates.
The caseload is likely to include:
· Clearing off or enforcing rights on freehold land such as easements or restrictive covenants
· Development related issues such as rights to light, vacant possession strategies and nuisance claims
· Contract disputes concerning land, including pre-conditions, breach and overage disputes
· Professional negligence issues arising from real estate transactions
· Landlord and tenant, especially business tenancies
· 1954 Act renewals
· Forfeiture and possession claims
· Rent/Service charge issues
· Rent reviews
· Insolvency issues impacting on real estate/leases
If you'd like to be considered for the Real Estate Disputes role in Birmingham, apply now, or contact Donna Jones for further details.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like