- Job Search
- Housing Management 2PQE
18th November 2023
Housing Management Solicitor - Birmingham
Are you an experienced and proficient housing management professional? Are you looking for a role that allows you to use your technical expertise to shape and develop high quality housing services?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a UK-Top 100 firm for a Solicitor to join one of the largest housing practices in the country, this is a leading national firm with a strong reputation across all disciplines. They have an excellent track record of delivering high quality advice nationally and growth is set to continue. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2PQE+ in either in-house/local government or private practice and be able to demonstrate previous experience in advising landlords on contentious housing law.
- Running a high quality litigation caseload, anti-social behaviour, residential possession claims, civil injunctions and housing disrepair for a range of clients including registered providers, local authorities, charities, NHS bodies, higher education institutions, care home providers and private landlords.
- The role will involve responsibility for your own caseload, with some support available from Paralegals as well as working closely with the Partners and other Lawyers. For those of you who have an interest in growing business from existing clients as well as targeting and attracting new clients there could also be an opportunity to develop this.
- Providing comprehensive Advice on rent reviews, rent policy and rent controls
- Advising on local housing allowances and recovery of rent and service charges
- Advising on service charges including section 20, consultation and procurement
- Offering Advice on homelessness law, policy and regulation.
- Providing support to the governance team on tenancy agreements and policies and advising on the consequences of transactions on residents, including consultation and notification requirements.
- Providing an elevated level of strategic advice on current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a stimulating working environment and the chance to become an integral part of the team. You will receive training and development to help you stay up to date with the ever-changing housing laws and regulations.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer
Placing People in Companies Like