- Job Search
- Commercial Litigation Principal Associate
Commercial Disputes Principal Associate - 8PQE+ - Birmingham
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Litigation Principal Associate to carry out excellent quality work for their clients. The role involves a varied mix of work across both the public sector and private clients, predominately in sectors including health, local government, emergency services and social housing. They're a highly supportive firm who provide a collegiate working environment and healthy work life balance. Flexible working patterns including part-time, condensed hours and remote working can be accommodated.
The role will involve:
Leading complex commercial disputes. Those disputes might include PFI / Projects / infrastructure disputes, procurement law disputes, IP disputes, competition investigations, and construction disputes. The successful candidate will be expected to have experience of some of these types of disputes but not all of them. Advising on termination and expiry issues. They also advise on the full range of disputes that can arise out of procurements including procurement disputes, design and construction disputes, operational disputes particularly in relation to payment disputes and fire safety disputes and termination disputes.
The successful Commercial Litigation Associate will:
- Ideally be from a large regional or national firm or otherwise from an in-house environment (ideally within the healthcare sector whether public or private).
- Have experience taking responsibility for handling High Court litigation and all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution;
- Confident in managing external counsel, experts and clients
- Will be positive and flexible, is able to prioritise work to meet deadlines, and relishes attention to detail.
- Enjoy business development and working closely with clients to understand their business needs.
- Have the ability to build relationships internally and externally and drive forward the development of their corporate and commercial litigation practice.
- Be ambitious, creative and commercially-minded.
- Ideally have knowledge and experience of the UK healthcare or other public sector market.
- In return you will be joining a firm with big ambitions for both its clients and people.
- Fantastic quality of work.
- Transparent career progression path.
- A highly supportive working environment where your contribution will be highly valued.
If you wish to discuss this Commercial Litigation Principal Associate role, please contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like