- Job Search
- Inquiries & Investigations Solicitor
Associate (1-3 PQE) | Inquiries and Investigations | Birmingham
A unique and interesting opportunity has arisen for an Associate to join the Dispute Resolution/Inquiries & Investigations team of an international law firm based in Birmingham.
The role and requirements
As an Inquiries and Investigations Associate in this team you will:
- Form a part of a large and dedicated Inquiries and Investigations team (split between Birmingham and Cardiff) working on some very high profile and complex inquiries and investigations
- Act as solicitors to statutory and non-statutory inquiries
- Act on behalf of core participants in public and non statutory inquiries
- Undertake internal investigations and independent reviews
- Draft / advise on terms of reference and procedural rules for inquiries and internal investigations
- Liaise with, interview and take statements from a wide range of witnesses
- Undertake evidential review and analysis
- Advise on the processes of an inquiry, to include:
o document management;
o avoiding judicial review;
o media handling;
o advising on evidence;
o powers and duties, and fair process;
o advise on matters such as privilege, freedom of information and data protection, judicial review and reputation management.
- Assist with business development
Caseload will consist of a small number of very large matters and may include matters relating to child abuse or inquiries which have resulted in significant loss of life.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Direct experience of working on inquiries and investigations or otherwise experience of dealing with public sector regulatory matters, child protection disputes and inquests (article 2 'right to life' experience would be of particular interest).
- The role will suit a candidate with 1-3 years' PQE with direct or transferable experience of working on matters involving difficult subject matters.
- A strong team player who has a passion for this type of work.
As an Inquiries & Investigations Associate, you will be rewarded with:
- The chance to work for a highly renowned international law firm within a very successful team.
- Interesting and high profile work; matters of national significance.
- A genuine chance for technical progression and career growth.
- Very flexible work set up. The team predominantly work from home due to the current climate but this role has the capacity for someone to work remotely part of the week.
To be considered for this Inquiries & Investigations Associate vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018