- Job Search
- Employment Solicitor
Employment Associate/Senior Associate - leading national firm - Birmingham - 3+ PQE
Due to continued growth, a top-ranked employment team is seeking an Associate to join them in Birmingham. This Employment Solicitor opportunity is offered on a full or part time (4 days), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options considered. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As an Employment Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Undertake a broad mix of contentious, non-contentious and transactional work with appropriate supervision as needed, predominantly for employers.
- Be involved in delivering an annual programme of training, seminars and legal updates to clients.
- Advise commercial clients in relation to a broad range of employee relations matters including workplace conflict (discipline and grievance), workforce planning (redundancy and reorganisation), capability and performance management (including ill health matters) and equality, diversity and inclusion matters.
- Draft contracts of employment, executive service agreements, policies and procedures, settlement agreements and COT3s.
- Provide employment law support and input to corporate transactions, including undertaking due diligence and drafting and advising on the employment / TUPE provisions in transactional documents.
To be successful in your application for this Employment Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of three years' PQE in employment law with experience gained in a reputable firm with an established employment law practice.
- Contentious and non-contentious employment experience acting for commercial clients.
- Corporate support experience.
- The ability to provide outstanding client service.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- A strong academic background.
- A good teamwork ethic and the ability to develop strong, long lasting relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Experience of conducting some Employment Tribunal advocacy or an interest in doing so.
- Clear drive and enthusiasm for employment law.
The successful Employment Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support as well as the support of dedicated Employment PSLs.
- Flexible and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- Opportunity to build your skills and experience with a major UK law firm, listed as one of the "Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For."
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of employment matters for a great client base.
To be considered for this Employment Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018