- Job Search
- Housing Management Associate/Senior Associate
Housing Management Solicitor - 4+ PQE - Birmingham
Role and team:
Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced solicitor to join its highly regarded Housing Management team in Birmingham. The role provides a great opportunity to join a nationally renowned team and advise on cutting edge projects
The firm's clients are primarily private registered providers of social housing, but they also act for local authorities, and other charities and faith based organisations housing individuals: essentially organisations with a social purpose. The team is passionate about delivering excellent technical advice to those clients, delivered in a way that is practical and embedded in the sector.
- Drafting and reviewing occupancy agreements and policies and procedures;
- Advice on compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements in a landlord and tenant context;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating management and service level agreements;
- Advising on all aspects of rent and service charges, including implementation of reviews and Tribunal cases (covering service charge challenges and dispensation applications); and
- Preparation and delivery of seminars/training sessions, as part of the firm's training programme, bespoke sessions for clients and at national conferences run by the CIH and NHF.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- housing management experience and a good understanding of property law;
- an ability to be adapt to new areas of law, recognising that housing management can change frequently;
- strong communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to translate technical legal issues into clear and practical advice to clients;
- the ability to manage and develop junior team members; and
- excellent attention to detail.
For a confidential discussion about this Housing Management Solicitor opportunity, please contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal. firstname.lastname@example.org
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018