- Job Search
- Pensions Associate
13th September 2021
This international law firm seeks to recruit a Pensions Associate to join its team in Birmingham. Part-time working available and flexible working is actively encouraged by the team and firm.
- This leading international law firm is recruiting for an ambitious and enthusiastic Pensions Associate to join its large and incredibly successful pensions team in Birmingham.
- A rare opportunity to join an award winning pensions team and work alongside highly experienced and technically excellent pensions lawyers.
- The team set themselves apart from the competition by ensuring their lawyers receive excellent training and support from the outset of their careers and for creating a friendly, productive and collegiate working environment.
This role will primarily involve acting for major corporates or trustees of pension schemes on some of the following:
· Advising clients on how best to deliver their objectives, despite the complexities of pensions law
· Drafting scheme documentation;
· Advising on legislative changes;
· Pension scheme mergers;
· Scheme changes and wind ups.
· Investment issues, such as investment management agreements, climate change disclosures;
· TUPE issues;
· Corporate support.
· Pensions investment law.
· Pensions disputes and litigation.
· Liability reduction exercises.
· Working on cutting edge legal developments as they arise.
· There are also opportunities for public speaking, within the firm and on a broader stage.
Not all lawyers cover these areas of work: some choose to specialise/avoid public sector pensions, pensions disputes, pensions investment issues (or they overlap with employment law at a more senior level).
The work is of the highest quality with the team regularly involved in leading UK pensions cases and have also advised on cutting edge pensions work and developing new legislation. This role will provide fantastic scope to gain exposure to a full range of pensions work as well as the opportunity to manage client relationships from the outset.
- 3PQE +
- Experience of providing legal advice to trustees or employers in relation to their pension schemes.
- An excellent understanding of the principal provisions of relevant pensions legislation and how to apply them in the context of a client's key commercial drivers.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- The opportunity to join one of the leading pensions teams in the UK.
- Excellent prospects for further progression.
- Part-time and flexible working available.
If you are interested in applying for this Pensions Associate role please email your CV to Donna Jones at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018