- Job Search
- Employment Associate - Healthcare
11th November 2022
Employment Associate - Healthcare Sector - 4PQE+
BCL Legal is delighted to be assisting a top ranked UK law firm who are seeking an Employment Associate join their Birmingham office, working predominantly for employers in the health sector. This opportunity is offered on a full or part time (4 days), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options considered. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As an Employment Associate in this team, you would:
- Undertake a broad mix of contentious, non-contentious and transactional work with appropriate supervision as needed, predominantly for employers.
- Advise commercial clients in relation to a broad range of employee relations matters including workplace conflict (discipline and grievance), workforce planning (redundancy and reorganisation), capability and performance management (including ill health matters) and equality, diversity and inclusion matters.
- Draft contracts of employment, executive service agreements, policies and procedures, settlement agreements and COT3s.
- Provide employment law support and input to corporate transactions, including undertaking due diligence and drafting and advising on the employment / TUPE provisions in transactional documents.
To be successful in your application for this Employment Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of four years' PQE in employment law with experience gained in a reputable firm with an established employment law practice.
- Be someone who has previous experience of advising large employers in either the health sector or a comparable sector such as education, housing, government or charitable, but this is not essential.
- Contentious and non-contentious employment experience acting for commercial clients.
- The ability to provide outstanding client service.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- A strong academic background and 2.1 degree or equivalent.
- A good teamwork ethic and the ability to develop strong, long lasting relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Health Sector knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Experience of conducting some Employment Tribunal advocacy or an interest in doing so.
- Clear drive and enthusiasm for employment law.
The successful Employment Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support as well as the support of dedicated Employment PSLs.
- Flexible and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- Opportunity to build your skills and experience with a major UK law firm, listed as one of the "Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For."
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of employment matters for a great client base.
To apply for the position of Employment Associate please contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal (email@example.com)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like