- Job Search
- Housing Litigation Solicitor
Housing Litigation Solicitor - 2+ PQE - Birmingham
This Legal 500 tier 1 commercial law firm is seeking a Housing Litigation Solicitor to join its highly regarded team in Birmingham. This Housing Litigation Solicitor opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options accommodated.
The Housing Litigation team provide advice and support on all housing litigation services. They have extensive experience and knowledge of working with housing associations, charities, local authorities and arms-length management organisations. They support and advise landlords on disrepair claims, anti-social behaviour injunctions and possession claims, from initial stages of whether they have a valid claim to court representation.
The firm supports landlords in defending disrepair claims and developing strategies to safeguard themselves against future claims through review of policies and training. The firm's clients are primarily private registered providers of social housing, but they also act for local authorities, and other charities. The team is passionate about delivering excellent technical advice to those clients, delivered in a way that is practical and embedded in the sector.
The work will include:
· Defending disrepair claims and prosecutions.
· Advising on all housing management issues and sometimes on commercial property litigation matters.
· Anti-social behaviour injunctions and possession claims.
· Disrepair litigation.
· Involvement in business development.
The successful candidate will need to have:
· 2yrs+ PQE of CPR litigation.
· Experience supporting clients in an effective way with pragmatic solutions
· Familiarity of the Equality Act and Human Right Act.
· Social housing and/or residential property law knowledge and experience (though training will be provided). Please note; Candidates will also be considered who have litigation experience and are looking to move in to housing litigation.
· Advocacy skills - or an interest in conducting advocacy as the role will involve undertaking hearings
· Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team, instructing legal assistants and trainees and being supervised by senior fee earners;
· Ability and desire to develop technical legal skills;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a confident public speaker;
· Ability to cope well with tight deadlines and under pressure;
The successful Housing Litigation Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- Excellent quality work.
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support and excellent training.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
To be considered for this Housing Litigation Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Donna Jones at BCL Legal for further information. email@example.com
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018