- Job Search
- Pensions Principal Associate
Pensions Principal Associate
This international law firm seeks to recruit a Pensions Principal Associate to join its team in Birmingham. Part-time working available and flexible working is actively encouraged by the team and firm.
- This leading international law firm is recruiting for an ambitious and enthusiastic Pensions Principal Associate to join its large and incredibly successful pensions team in Birmingham.
- A rare opportunity to join an award winning pensions team and work alongside highly experienced and technically excellent pensions lawyers.
- The team set themselves apart from the competition by ensuring their lawyers receive excellent training and support from the outset of their careers and for creating a friendly, productive and collegiate working environment.
This role will primarily involve acting for trustees of pension schemes (sometimes corporates) providing advice on a wide range of pensions law, including some or all of the following:
· Advising pension scheme trustees ranging in size from small to over £1bn.
· The impact of corporate re-organisations, negotiating appropriate mitigation, legislative changes including changes resulting from case law.
· Scheme mergers, wind ups and change exercises.
· All aspects of risk transfer.
· Liability reduction exercises.
· Resolving investment issues, including investment management agreements.
The work is of the highest quality with the team regularly involved in leading UK pensions cases and have also advised on cutting edge pensions work and developing new legislation. This role will provide fantastic scope to gain exposure to a full range of pensions work as well as the opportunity to manage client relationships from the outset.
- Track record of advising trustees of large occupational pension schemes and large employers on pensions matters including taking a lead role on large, strategic projects.
- An excellent understanding of the principal provisions of relevant pensions legislation and how to apply them in the context of a client's key commercial drivers.
- Experience of organising client development events.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- The opportunity to join one of the leading pensions teams in the UK.
- Excellent prospects for further progression at the senior level.
- Part-time and flexible working available.
If you are interested in applying for this Pensions Principal Associate role please email your CV to Donna Jones at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like