- Job Search
- Commercial Litigation Solicitor/Associate
14th September 2021
Commercial Litigation Solicitor
Warwickshire based firm are recruiting for an ambitious and motivated Solicitor with 2 years+ PQE to join their Commercial Litigation team. The firms client base rivals that of City or global firms which provides their lawyers with significant opportunities to work on varied, complex and interesting matters.
The firm are keen to recruit solicitors who embrace and share their cultural values and want to play a role in the development of the firm in the future. The successful applicant will be exposed to a wide range of litigious subject matters, allowing them to develop their practice prior to specialising in any given area.
The successful Solicitor will have proven technical experience and will be involved in some or all of the following types of claims: breach of contract; professional negligence; shareholder/corporate disputes; and tax and financial services claims.
The essential requirements are:
- Running own caseload and ensuring deadlines are met
- Working closely with and assisting the more senior lawyers with complex disputes, specifically in relation to professional negligence claims and breach of contract claims. Assistance will include preparing research notes, preparing first drafts of letters to clients and opponents, and taking responsibility for the day-to-day tasks required on maintaining complex files
- Ensuring clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money"
- Ensuring all new instructions are appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin and signed off by line manager
- Supporting business development/marketing and take an active part in networking opportunities
- Ensuring time sheets are updated and posted on a daily basis
- Achieving personal utilisation and realisation targets
- Billing invoices to clients
- Demonstrating good client and team communication skills
The firm offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site canteen and an active social committee.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018