- Job Search
- Private Client Senior Solicitor
PRIVATE CLIENT ASSOCIATE | FARRINGDON | SUNDAY TIMES 100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR
· 2 big events throughout the year: Christmas party and summer or Halloween party
· Smaller events throughout the year (e.g. pizza nights, Easter egg hunts)
· Annual promotion parties
· Each practice area and department has an annual social budget for socials
· In-house sport teams (Netball, Football, Choir)
· Equal Opportunities Monitoring
· Core values are: teamwork & Respect, Integrity & Fairness, Commitment, Understanding
· Ranked in the top 20 of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019
· Private Client Associate in the Court of Protection team
· Close work with 4 Partners
· Work with UK based clients and clients based abroad
· Main focus of the work will be in the Court of Protection Work
· Supporting the professional Deputies/Trustees in their role including contact with the clients and their families and attending annual review meetings
· Court applications for the appointment of Deputies
· Routine Court applications for matters such as property sales and purchases, approval to make payments on account of gratuitous care etc.
· Complex Court applications for approval to make statutory wills, make gifts on behalf of the Protected Party and approval to establish settlements
· Litigation support to our specialist Clinical Negligence team, working closely alongside them in on-going litigation matters
· Assisting with the production of reports as required, including preparing annual deputyship reports on forms OPG102 and OPG105
· Advising upon and drafting of Personal Injury Trusts
· To have a good knowledge of UK Inheritance tax and other UK taxes.
· Supervising trainee and junior associates as necessary.
· Assist with precedent projects within the Private Client department.
· Carry out extensive marketing and business development for the Private Client department and KN's Private Wealth Group.
· Carry out Know-How sessions internally and externally as required
· Compliance with the SRA Handbook and where appropriate the BSB Handbook
· 25+ days holidays (depending on service)
· Life Assurance
· Income Protection
· Private Medical Insurance
· Enhanced sick pay
· Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay (based on length of service)
· Discretionary performance bonus
· Free eyes test
· Employee Assistance programme offering free telephone counselling
· Wellbeing programme
· Salary sacrifice benefits scheme (Holiday buy/sell, Gym membership loan, shopping vouchers, will writing, dental cover, etc.)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018