- Job Search
- Employment Solicitor
Employment Solicitor | Leading National Firm | Leeds | 5+ PQE
Due to continued growth, a top-ranked Employment team is seeking a Senior Solicitor to bolster their offering in Leeds. This opportunity is offered on a full (or part-time), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options considered. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As an Employment Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Undertake a broad mix of contentious and non-contentious employment work predominantly for higher education clients (universities and colleges) but also for commercial, health and charity sector clients.
- Be involved in delivering a programme of training, seminars and legal updates to clients.
- Be involved in technically interesting work which brings in issues such as the public sector equality duty and wider sector issues. (most recently over the delivery of online teaching and potential industrial action).
- Client base is national and includes a range of universities and other education bodies/charities.
To be successful in your application for this Employment Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of five years' PQE in employment law whether from private practice or in-house (ideally from a university/college).
- Experience of or an interest in working with higher education clients, training will be provided on specific issues.
- The ability to provide outstanding client service.
- Excellent technical skills.
- A strong academic background.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- Experience in managing and developing client relationships.
- Experience of conducting some Employment Tribunal advocacy or an interest in doing so.
The successful Employment Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support as well as the support of dedicated Employment PSL's.
- Flexible and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of employment matters for a great client base.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like