Education Litigation Solicitor, Leeds
This global law firm has a strong reputation in the education sector, and is now looking for a junior to mid level education litigation specialist to join the team based out of the central Leeds office and develop their niche as a key player in this area for the firm's UK education clients.
More on the firm
- Global big hitter, top tier across a wide range of sectors including education
- Strong presence across the education sector, predominantly acting for colleges and universities, together with schools and academies, handling a range of corporate, commercial, employment, real estate and litigation work
- A modern, tech-focused firm that has exceeded growth targets in spite of a global pandemic and continues to grow across all practice areas
More on the opportunity
- Join a growing tier one education sector team and focus on a broad range of litigation for clients in this sector
- Deal with a range of work to include student claims, regulator decision challenges, judicial review, data breach claims, reputational claims, property estate disputes, contractual disputes, student unrest issues and other issues that arise for clients in this sector
- A really interesting sector to work in and no two days are the same
- As you further develop your skills, become one of the key UK education litigation specialists in the firm
- Unparalleled career progression pathway for the successful applicant, as currently there is nobody in the firm focusing solely on education litigation, as it is currently resourced through lawyers in other litigation teams
- Robust support from 2 key partners
What's on offer?
- An excellent top tier salary and bonus package
- Lots of flexibility to suit your working week - blended roles are the norm, with plenty of opportunity for home working if you have a preference for this
- Part time is also on the table if this is what works best for you
- Market-leading training and development programme
- Fantastic career progression route
More about you
- You will be an ambitious litigation solicitor with at least 2 years' PQE
- You will ideally have gained exposure to litigation work on behalf of education clients, but if not, someone from a wider public law litigation background will definitely be considered for this role
- You will most likely come from a recognised commercial practice, but you may currently work in-house for a larger university where you have gained exposure to significant relevant litigation work
- You will have a strong academic profile as the work is often intellectually demanding
- You will be keen to progress and build your niche within this sector
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to find out more about, please contact Juliet Lawson at BCL Legal. To apply, please send your current CV and we can arrange a call.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.