- Job Search
- Commercial Litigation Professional Support Lawyer
Commercial Litigation Professional Support Lawyer, Leeds
We are working with a leading global law firm on the hire of professional support lawyers across a number of litigation and dispute management areas, some of which are to be based in the Leeds office. The role of a PSL with this firm is rather wider and more interesting than is found at some firms and can offer genuine career progression.
More on the opportunity
- A significant focus on developing the firm's fee earning talent
- Lots of training is involved in this role, right across the board from delivering training to paralegals right up to more senior lawyers in the business
- You will get involved in training in both black letter law but also wider skills-based training
- You will be heavily involved in the knowledge and know-how programme which focuses on the fee earners' skills and abilities across the board
- This is a very practical role which is much less precedents-based and a lot more interactive than you might find elsewhere
- The role also involves plenty of client-facing activities including a variety of value-add activities, sitting in on client boards, HR risk activities and risk reduction training
- This is a role which offers a genuine opportunity for career progression with a number of PSLs within the business rising through the ranks to Legal Director
More about you
- You will have at least 3 years' PQE in one or more core areas of litigation such as commercial litigation, finance litigation, real estate litigation, international arbitration, corporate crime and health & safety regulation.
- Experience as a PSL would be helpful but is by no means essential
- You will have a strong interest in black letter law and a desire to share knowledge and skills
- You will have excellent attention to detail and a confident articulate communication style
- Some exposure to digital media or online training systems and programmes would be an added bonus
- You will be looking to join a close-knit and growing team of professional support lawyers who add genuine value to the services of this high-performing global firm
- Generous top tier salary and benefits package
- Flexible and agile working options to suit most working patterns
- Full time or part time
- Defined progression pathway
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like