- Job Search
- NQ Public Procurement Solicitor
Public Procurement Solicitor - National Firm - Bristol
Leading national firm, and Top 100 UK practice is seeking to bolster its Commercial and Infrastructure offering in Bristol with the addition of a Public Procurement Solicitor. Applications will be considered from NQ - 5 years PQE candidates with experience in public procurement.
As a Public Procurement Solicitor, you will be involved in a wide variety of complex contracting work on some of the largest and ground breaking projects in the country. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
* Advising on structuring and conducting major procurement exercises for a range of public bodies including local authorities, NHS bodies and central government clients across a range of industry sectors including building and regeneration, waste management, energy, information and communications technologies, outsourcing, FM, highways infrastructure, education, leisure services as well as NHS health and community care services.
* Providing advices on procurement law issues including cooperation arrangements between public bodies, changes to contracts and exemptions to competitive tendering.
* Primarily non-contentious legal areas of work but will occasionally involve working alongside the firm's procurement litigation team on procurement challenges.
* Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Public Procurement Solicitor will:
* Be NQ - 5 years PQE
* Have experience in non-contentious public procurement law, gained ideally across a range of public sector clients and industry sectors.
* Have strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house (including from the public sector).
* An awareness of public & administrative law and subsidy control would also be useful.
* Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
The successful Public Procurement Solicitor will be rewarded with:
* A very competitive package including and comprehensive benefits.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
Apply now if this Public Procurement Solicitor opportunity in Bristol is of interest!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018