£125,000 - 165,000
Property Litigation Partner
An experienced property litigation lawyer is offered an outstanding opportunity to join a tier 1 property litigation team at this leading international practice, in London.
The firm ranks as one of the top 50 in the UK, operating internationally with offices in London and the regions, Europe, and Asia.
The property litigation team act for clients throughout the UK and overseas in the aviation, shipping and ports, education, financial services, life sciences, travel and leisure, sports, retail, and healthcare sectors. This includes acting for major national PLCs, developers, financial institutions, insurers, investors (domestic and overseas), retailers, NHS trusts, and commercial landlords.
In this role your work will be broad, encompassing all aspects of property litigation matters, which will include:
- Mediation, Arbitration, and Expert determination
- Lands tribunal matters
- Rights of light and Party wall issues
- Professional negligence
- Restrictive covenants
- Tenant default
- Service charge disputes
- Vacant possession
- Lease renewals
- Rent arrears
- Rights of way and boundary disputes
- Repossession claims
- Planning and compulsory purchase
This position is ideally suited to experienced property litigation lawyers who may be an existing partner seeking a change, or an otherwise senior lawyer seeking a step up. Candidates applying for this position should be able to display:
- Demonstrable experience of handling complex property litigation matters to trial both as supervisor and case handler
- Experience of full range property disputes with a particular focus on real property (easements, restrictive covenants); contractual disputes; and insolvency related property disputes
- Ability to delegate work to junior fee earners (particularly 1954 Act cases), to ensure they are fully resourced and working to capacity
- Excellent Business Development and Marketing skills
- A successful record at a similarly well regarded firm, a strong following, and the ability to maintain and grow their client base
For further information or to make an application, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.