£75,000 - 105,000
Our client is a leading international law firm, ranked as one of the top 25 legal practices in the UK and operating on a global scale, with offices throughout the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Americas.
Due to continued success, they are now looking to bolster their offering with the addition of two non-contentious construction associates into their London team.
The non-contentious construction team in London forms an integral part of an international construction practice, working closely alongside real estate and other colleagues across the firm's global offices.
The successful construction associate joining this highly reputable construction team in London will act for commercial and residential developers, major corporates (domestic and international), contractors, construction professionals, central government departments, local authorities, clients in the healthcare, education, and energy sectors, development finance providers, and investment funds.
In this role, you will undertake broad, complex, high value, and challenging matters across the full spectrum of construction, infrastructure, and engineering projects, which will include:
- Agreements for the supply, installation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical plant
- Engineering contracts for renewable energy, process plant, infrastructure, utilities and transport
- Procurement and project structure issues
- Building contracts and professional team appointments (both standard and bespoke);
- Letters of intent, guarantees, bonds and reliance letters
- Collateral warranties, third party rights and reliance letters
- Facility maintenance agreements
- Compliance issues (including environmental and employment issues)
- Development and framework agreements
- Development finance
There are two positions available in this non-contentious construction team, for candidates between NQ and five years' PQE. Candidates applying for this position should be able to display:
- A strong academic background
- At least a single training seat in construction and experience in non-contentious construction gained with a reputable national practice
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
For more information or to make an application, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.