A planning associate is offered a rare and exciting opportunity to join a Legal 500 ranked planning (advisory) team at this leading national practice, in London.
The firm ranks as one of the top 100 in the UK, with their Planning, Parliamentary and Public Law team forming an integral part of their continued success and outstanding reputation.
Under the leadership and guidance of Chambers ranked partners, considered to be among the best in the field, this planning team act on complex projects across railways, harbours, energy, and infrastructure for major national land international corporates, government departments, local authorities, charities, and statutory and public bodies responsible for railways, ports, and inland waterways.
The successful associate joining this team will undertake a complex, challenging, and often high profile caseload, which will include:
- Promotion of or opposition to hybrid bills.
- Advising on environmental matters, commercial contracts, and governance.
- Development consent orders.
- Public enquiries and hearings.
- Transport and Works Acts orders.
- Negotiating agreements with key stakeholders, and objectors.
- Harbour orders.
- Complex legal research.
This position is ideally suited to candidates between NQ and two years' PQE. Candidates applying for this position should be able to display:
- A strong academic background.
- At least a single training seat and experience in advisory planning matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to conduct complex legal research into different areas of law.
On offer is an excellent opportunity to undertake high level, complex, and challenging planning, environmental, and regulatory matters in a supportive, progressive, and ambitious environment, with fantastic scope for career development and further learning.
For more information, or to make an application, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.