£95,000 - 110,000
An experienced construction lawyer is offered an excellent opportunity to join a City-based, Legal 500 ranked construction team at this leading national practice.
The firm ranks as one of the top 100 in the UK, advising clients both domestically and internationally.
The non-contentious construction team in London act for UK and overseas clients across the energy, real estate (commercial and residential), marine, local and central government, healthcare, leisure and retail sectors. This includes acting for property investors, local authorities, institutional clients, public sector bodies, banks, housing providers, contractors, and consultants.
The successful construction lawyer joining this industry leading non-contentious construction team will undertake work advising on complex construction, engineering, and infrastructure projects, which will include:
- Advising on standard JCT, NEC, partnering and alliancing contracts
- Specialist sub-contracts
- International forms of contract including FIDIC and bespoke construction contracts
- Framework agreements, consortium agreements, extensive and short form letters of intent
- Professional team appointments
- Advance payment and performance bonds
- Collateral warranties, agreements for lease, development agreements
- Drafting and reviewing parent company guarantees
- Construction related elements of funding agreements and joint ventures
- Real Estate, Commercial, and Corporate support
This position is ideally suited to construction lawyers with a minimum of five years' PQE. Candidates applying for this position should be able to display:
- Experience in larger or more complex transactions in your current role, as well as advising clients directly on more straightforward matters
- A proven technical and organisational skills and be able to work collaboratively within a growing team
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for the sector and its wider implications
- Ideally, you will have some experience in acting for funders and advising on the necessary lending and security requirements for construction, engineering and infrastructure projects
- Particular experience in the NEC and JCT suite of contracts, as well as industry standard forms of professional appointments
On offer is an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to undertake the highest calibre construction matters for an enviable domestic and international client-base, in an ambitious and equally supportive environment, with genuine career development prospects.
For more information or to make an application, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.