£95,000 - 110,000
16th November 2023
Are you an ambitious lawyer passionate about construction law? If so, an exciting opportunity awaits you in the City of London.
Our client is a top 100 UK law firm, looking for an experienced construction lawyer to a broad range of non-contentious matters. This will include:
- Advising on standard JCT, NEC, partnering and alliancing contracts
- Specialist sub-contracts
- International forms of contract including FIDIC and bespoke construction contracts
- Framework agreements, consortium agreements, extensive and short form letters of intent
- Professional team appointments
- Advance payment and performance bonds
- Collateral warranties, agreements for lease, development agreements
- Drafting and reviewing parent company guarantees
- Construction related elements of funding agreements and joint ventures
- Real Estate, Commercial, and Corporate support
This is an international role, so you must be comfortable liaising with teams and clients across various countries in the energy, real estate (commercial and residential), marine, local and central government, healthcare, leisure and retail sectors.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in non-contentious construction law, ideally with a minimum of five years' experience. You must be confident in drafting and negotiating contract terms, and have a keen eye for detail. You should also have a good understanding of relevant legislation, and the ability to provide clear and concise advice to clients.
In return, you will have the chance to work in one of the most dynamic cities in the world, and be part of a leading firm with a great reputation. You will be surrounded by colleagues, teams and clients who are at the top of their field, and have the potential to make a real impact and progress your career in construction law.
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience to be successful in this role, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.