£110,000 - 120,000
A planning associate is offered an excellent opportunity to join a Legal 500 ranked planning team at this leading international practice, in the City of London.
The firm ranks as one of the top 20 in the UK, and operates on a truly global scale with 30+ offices across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and North America.
The planning team in London, acting alongside their colleagues overseas, work on some of the largest and most high profile development and infrastructure projects across the UK, US, and UAE. The successful associate will join a team handling highly complex projects which includes mixed-use developments, tall buildings, signature schemes and sporting facilities, major infrastructure (including the energy, water and waste sectors), retail, leisure, and residential driven regeneration, transport (including the airports, ports and harbours, road and rail sectors).
Your work will be broad and will include:
- Development Consent Orders
- Providing support to real estate, finance, and corporate teams regarding transactional planning matters
- Planning strategies for major urban regeneration and city scape projects
- Public sector procedures including S203
- Judicial review and land compensation claims
- Advising on statutory powers, especially CPO
- Statutory agreement work including section 106 and s278 agreements
Key requirements from applicants:
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales with a minimum of two years' PQE in planning
- A strong academic background
- Strong communication, negotiation, and drafting skills
- Experience in business development and client relationship management
For more information or to make an application, please contact Gishan Abeyratne at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.