- Job Search
- Legal Recruitment Consultant
ARE YOU A SOLICITOR, LEGAL EXECUTIVE OR PARALEGAL?
Have you reached a point in your career where you're unsure whether the law is still the right career path for you?
Maybe you're a trainee and you're realising this already…?
IF SO, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A CAREER IN LEGAL RECRUITMENT?
A career in legal recruitment allows you to leverage the value of your experience in the legal profession, whilst also opening up a new and exciting career path. That is exactly what we can offer you - a fresh start in an environment better suited to your skills and aspirations.
For most of our consultants who come from a legal background, they wanted a career that provided:
* Better earnings - A good recruiter earns more than a good lawyer! We offer highly competitive basic salaries alongside an uncapped commission.
* More opportunity to develop business and lead client relationships - Our clients will look to you to consult with them, devise and deliver a solution and similarly you'll work closely with lawyer candidates and help them to make moves that advance their careers and meet particular personal needs.
* Greater variety - You might find yourself consulting with a major law firm with plans to 'Northshore' operations; a Big 4 Accountancy firm looking to grow its Legal services; a FTSE 250 company looking for a new Head of Legal; or, a smaller firm needing to make a critical appointment that's pivotal to succession planning. Every day is different in legal recruitment.
* More autonomy - We work in lateral markets; you would focus on a specific geographical location allowing you to become a specialist in your own right.
* Culture - The Birmingham team is one with a particularly strong sense of unity and camaraderie - it's a positive and energising place to work! We work in a fantastic modern office setting - it's an open plan, collaborative and thriving environment.
* Transparent progression - Over 20% of our team members were promoted in 2018, some within their first 12 months with us!
WHY BCL LEGAL?
* Over 60% of our expert recruitment consultants come from a legal background. You'll be in very good company and safe hands!
* We can offer you a warm desk. You understand the legal profession, so our job is to help harness the innate skills you have and apply them in legal recruitment.
* We take our responsibility to you seriously. You will be given in-depth training, weekly coaching and feedback from your manager; you will be provided with a mentor and buddy (most likely a former lawyer); and, you will be given all the necessary tools, tech and process to pave the way to your success.
We appreciate it's a big change to make, but no matter where you are in the decision-making process, talk to us. We'll provide you with honest advice to help you make the right decision.
Including but not limited to:
* Holidays - 23 days per year annual leave (increases with service, plus potential to buy additional days).
* Group pension plan.
* Westfield health plan (plus voluntary private medical cover at a reduced rate).
* Death in service.
* Season ticket loans.
* Cycle to work scheme.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you would like any further information on this recruitment consultant role please contact Gishan Abeyratne - Talent Acquisition Manager.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018