- Job Search
- Corporate/Commercial Manager (Associate)
Corporate/Commercial Lawyer - Manchester
BCL Legal are delighted to be assisting Deloitte to grow their corporate/commercial legal team in Manchester
Deloitte is one of the world's leading accountancy practices, offering global integrated professional services as part of a multi-disciplinary practice. In pursuit of Deloitte's vision to be the undisputed leader in professional services, they are seeking to transform the way their clients experience legal services both in the UK and globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and ambitious corporate/commercial lawyer to work alongside the newly appointed Legal Director to deliver legal services in Birmingham as part of a global multi-disciplinary practice.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a circa 2-6 years qualified corporate/commercial lawyer to join the Manchester office of Deloitte to deliver excellent corporate and commercial legal advice.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious corporate/commercial lawyer looking for a new challenge to play a pivotal role in the embryonic growth of Deloitte's legal services offering. Embedded within the supportive environment of the established Manchester tax team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for FTSE listed clients across a range of sectors and become a key point of contact for the delivery of legal work. This is an incredibly varied role which will see the successful lawyer working alongside Deloitte tax specialists to provide collaborative advice on a range of matters including:
· private equity;
· debt reorganisation;
· commercial matters;
· M&A; and
· corporate governance.
In contrast to other private practice roles you will be involved in projects from the outset as part of a multi-disciplinary team, meaning you will work much more proactively and have scope to develop strong working relationships with tax colleagues and FTSE listed clients.
Required Key Skills:
Deloitte are seeking a corporate/commercial lawyer with circa 2-6 years PQE and the aspiration to be part of a highly efficient legal services team as part of a multi-disciplinary practice. In particular they would like to speak to candidates with the following qualities and experience:
· strong corporate experience to include: reorganisations, financial arrangements, entity reduction, intra-group transactions;
· a lawyer skilled at analysing and managing legal and commercial risk;
· the ability to foster relationships with clients and third parties;
· a genuine desire to help deliver innovative legal solutions;
· a clear understanding of Deloitte's value proposition to create the future of law through a market leading multidisciplinary offering;
· an ability and desire to work alongside non-lawyers and a willingness to develop a detailed understanding of the tax business in order to identify and deliver on joined up offerings;
· an ability to develop a strong profile in the market through networking; and
· a great team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The opportunity to join a brand new Legal Services team in Manchester with a clear path for career progression at a Big 4 Accountancy practice and help to deliver legal services as part of the Deloitte legal team.
- Top quality work for FTSE listed clients.
- Autonomy, agile working and flexibility.
- Being part of a firm that lives and breathes it's values and strives to create a positive working environment and culture.
- Market leading salary and extremely comprehensive benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018