- Job Search
- NQ+ Shipping Lawyer
NQ Shipping Solicitor, Ipswich
This tier 1 ranked regional heavyweight practice is seeking a Shipping Solicitor to join its Shipping & International Trade team based at its Ipswich office.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a commercial litigation solicitor or solicitors working in commercially focussed disciplines to retrain in to shipping litigation. The role is unique in that the work very rarely handled outside of the City.
The firm's Shipping & international Trade team has wide experience of acting in complex, high value multi-jurisdictional and cross-border disputes for UK and international clients in all major jurisdictions.
They are familiar with leading arbitral institutions and procedures and have a strong ethos of achieving commercially sound outcomes and ensuring minimum disruption to your business.
The role will entail handling a caseload of shipping matters including:
- Bills of lading and cargo claims, including: security; recovery claims; limitation; obligations under Hague/Hague-Visby and Hamburg Rules
charterparties including Time charter issues (payment of hire; liens; off-hire; safe ports and places; vessel performance, ICA claims) and Voyage charter issues (laytime and demurrage; payment of freight; loading, stowage and discharge)
- Contracts of affreightment
- International sales contracts, including: passing and retention of title; arbitration in chains of sales
- Marine insurance, including: cover; double insurance; liability of brokers; duties of assured; effect of subrogation and assignment
cruise and ferry line operation
- Passenger, crew and stevedore claims
- Ship arrest
- Ship building
- Experience in commercial litigation or commercially focused discipline
- Excellent academics
- Trained with a reputable firm
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to retrain with a top tier practice
- Contribution towards relocation costs if applicable
If you're interesting in this Shipping Solicitor vacancy based in Ipswich please call Himpal Bains on 07792509925 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
shipping ipswich, litigation solicitor, nq litigation soliitor, senior associate, associate, international shipping, shipping solicitor, marine law
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018