21st October 2019
Associate - Private Practice - Cheltenham
Fantastic Associate level opportunity at a very highly regarded, legal 500 listed and Chamber and Partners rated band 1 firm, working out of its impressive Cheltenham office. It is a collaborative and supportive working environment with the opportunity to work with high net worth clients as well as high profile cases. This firm, despite its prestige and traditional style is by no means a 'stuffy' firm, it is friendly and welcoming with a great social calendar, 'business casual' dress code and openness to some flexible working.
My client is seeking an experienced property lawyer (c3-6yrs PQE) with experience working on rural and agricultural matters to join its Chamber and Partners band 1 Private Property department.
As a Associate - Private Practice you will work with landed estates, trustees, charities and private individuals from the UK and overseas, advising on landed estate and rural property transactions and non-transactional management work, including internal referrals cross-office, as well as residential property transactions.
* Actively participate in client marketing opportunities such as client seminars, presentations and pitches
* Identify client opportunities and take appropriate steps to follow through
* Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
* Manage a varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
* Draft accurately and logically, making appropriate use of precedents
* Support Partners in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department's client base and network of referrers and contacts
The team in Cheltenham consists of two Partners, one Senior Associate, three Associates and one Title Specialist.
The ideal candidate for this Associate - Private Practice opportunity must:
* Be 3-6yrs PQE - solicitor, legal executive or licensed conveyancer
* Have some experience of agricultural and rural property work
* Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
* Demonstrate excellent time management skills
* Be organised and capable of running files and work matters simultaneously
* Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all levels
* Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
* Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
In return you will receive:
* A highly competitive salary - £50,000 - £72,000 (although the firm are able to be flexible for the right candidate)
* Bonus scheme, long service bonus, recognition scheme
* Life assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension scheme
* Income protection
* 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service + holiday purchase scheme
* Access to corporate gym membership rates
* Cycle to work scheme
And much more.
For immediate consideration please apply now or contact Holly directly on email@example.com or 07741 625390.