We are recruiting for our Manchester head office!
We are currently expanding our London private practice team and as such we have an exciting opportunity available for 2021. This desk will focus on permanent qualified legal recruitment for top 200 City law firms, across a range of core practice areas. This opportunity offers the chance to work alongside experienced BCL Senior Associate's Vin Murria and Joe Blackburn.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As such, we're looking to hear from experienced recruitment consultants (1+ years' experience) focusing on permanent recruitment within the professional services or the legal sector.
In addition, we would also love to hear from trainee and qualified solicitors who are considering a new career pathway outside of the law, which will allow them to utilise their skills and knowledge gained to date. More than 60% of our team come from a legal background.
BCL Legal was founded in 2003. We are an established and trusted legal recruitment agency with a strong national presence. We cover all of the UK (including Scotland and Northern Ireland) and the Republic of Ireland.
We've placed 10,915 lawyers (and counting) since we opened our doors in 2003!
At BCL we do things differently. Whilst an element of business development is part of any recruitment role, as a market leader we employ a delivery focused approach. This is not a cold calling environment.
We heavily invest in cutting edge technology that makes the end-to-end recruitment process substantially more efficient, and we provide our consultants with excellent training and development at every stage in their career.
We enjoy a strong presence on PSLs (preferred agency supplier lists) for our impressive list of clients, to include a multitude of leading international, national, regional, boutique and high street law firms.
Our team is highly experienced - on average our team members have been with us 7 years! Between us we have 284 years' service.
We work in lateral markets. Our consultants focus on a specific geographical location allowing them to become the specialist 'go to' recruiter in their patch.
WHAT CAN BCL OFFER YOU?
- A fantastic team culture, BCL perks and business wide team events - we are a business that celebrates success in a big way.
- A competitive Associate level salary (up to £28,000), and up to £35,000 for Senior Recruitment Consultants with a strong and consistent personal billing history
- A sliding scale percentage based commission scheme and annual 'Super Bonus' potential on top of this scheme
- A phased 'ramp up' target for new consultants to allow time for you to settle in to your market and build momentum
- A transparent career progression structure, based on personal performance within a rolling 12 month period
- A host of benefits, to include 26 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service), Westfield health plan, season ticket loans and more
- Once you are on-board and bedded in, we offer flexible working. In normal circumstances, our team can take advantage of home working on a Monday and Friday each week.
- Our core working hours are: Mon-Thurs 9.00am-6.00pm and Fri 9.00am-5.30pm
- Are you confident in your ability to build relationships with lawyers as both candidates and client, alongside an appetite for business development?
- Do you consider yourself to be a highly resilient, driven individual, with a strong desire to succeed and establish yourself as the 'go to recruiter' in your market?
If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Please get in touch to find out more, or apply now.
You can also take a look at our new culture video and our Instagram account - @bcllegallife.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.