Paralegal retrain opportunity to Legal Recruitment Consultant (Associate)
Are you a Paralegal? Have you reached a point in your legal career where you're unsure whether the law's for you?
IF SO, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A CAREER IN LEGAL RECRUITMENT?
A career in legal recruitment allows you to leverage the value of your experience in the legal profession, whilst also opening up a new and exciting career path.
And that's exactly what we can offer you - a fresh start in an environment better suited to your skills and aspirations.
WHAT TO EXPECT - BEING A LEGAL RECRUITER AT BCL:
Working as a recruitment consultant, you'll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, being pro-active on social media and through referrals.
You'll screen candidates, interview them and match them to their clients. You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding. You will need a strong desire to succeed and establish yourself in your market.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We'd like to hear from Paralegals (ideally with 3+ years’ experience working within the legal sector) committed to a long term career change with a market leading recruitment company.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
For most of our consultants who come from a legal background, they wanted a career that provided:
Better earnings - A good recruiter earns more than a good lawyer! We offer competitive basic salaries (up to £26,000) alongside an uncapped monthly bonus scheme and annual super bonus scheme.
More opportunity to develop business and lead client relationships- Our clients will look to you to consult with them, devise and deliver a solution and similarly, you'll work intimately with lawyer candidates and help them to make moves that advance their careers and/or meet particular personal needs.
Greater variety- You might find yourself consulting with a major law firm with plans to 'Northshore' its operations; a Big 4 Accountancy firm looking to grow its Legal services; a FTSE 250 company looking for a new Head of Legal; or, a smaller firm needing to make a critical appointment that's pivotal to its succession planning.
More autonomy- We work in lateral markets - you would focus on a specific geographical location allowing you to become a specialist in your own right.
A better work/life balance- We encourage a good work life balance. Once they're established, our team take advantage of optional home working on a couple of days every week. We are very happy to discuss what 'win, win' looks like to you.
Culture- The BCL team is one with a particularly strong sense of unity and camaraderie - it's a positive, professional, energising place to work!
Transparent progression- 63% of our current team have been promoted since they started working with us.
WHY BCL LEGAL?
- Over 60% of our recruitment consultants come from a legal background. You'll be in very good company and safe hands!
- We've placed 10,915 lawyers (and counting) since we opened our doors in 2003!
- Our team is highly experienced - on average our team members have been with us 7 years! Between us we have 284 years' service.
- This is not a cold calling environment. You understand the legal profession, so our job is to help harness the innate skills you have and apply them in legal recruitment.
- We take our responsibility to you seriously
- You'll be given in-depth training and weekly coaching and feedback from your manager
- You'll be given all the necessary tools, tech and process to pave the way to your success
In addition we offer a host of other benefits, to include:
- Holidays - 26 days per year annual leave (increases with service, plus potential to buy additional days)
- Group pension plan - Westfield health plan (plus voluntary private medical cover at a reduced rate)
- Death in service
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply now.
We look forward to receiving your application.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.