- Job Search
- EL/PL Solicitor
EL/PL (CASUALTY) SOLICITOR - ESSEX
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Defendant Casualty Solicitor/Legal Executive to join an established Legal 500 ranked team just outside of London.
A leading, national firm at the forefront of defendant law, delivering innovative, high quality legal services to clients. My client strives to provide innovative, high quality, specialist legal services to insurance companies, corporates, and public sector bodies. They offer clients the full breadth of claims-related legal work, from high volume claims handling through to complex, high value litigation. The firm is also committed to providing career/personal development opportunities for all and there are a number of very established pathways which are available across all levels of fee earner.
Based just 30 minutes outside of London, my client's fast-growing office have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Defendant Casualty Solicitor/Legal Executive to join an established Legal 500 ranked team.
· The role will predominantly involve the handling of litigated casualty claims for a number of prestigious clients to include: corporates, London market entities, composite insurers and local authorities.
· You will manage your own caseload of defended EL and PL pre-litigation and litigated claims as well as more senior members of the team on higher value and more complex claims.
· Working closely with Insurers, their Insureds and Corporate Clients providing not only technical advice but also added value services for the client, providing an outstanding service which makes a difference to the client's business.
- Qualified Solicitor with proven experience in a legal based environment handling casualty claims, both pre-litigation and post litigation.
- To effectively use the Firm's case management system in order to manage a caseload suitable for qualified persons of that level to include tasks delegated by others.
- To meet any financial targets set by the Firm.
- To ensure knowledge of the applicable pre-accident protocols, Civil Procedure Rules and court processes and that such knowledge is kept up to date.
- Proven ability to assess legal liability, causation and damages and the need for investigation or rehabilitation.
- Commercially skilled to advance cases to settlement by considering all aspects of the case e.g. litigation risk, apportionment with co-defendants and potential recovery from suppliers.
- Takes ownership and follows through on agreed commitments and will take the initiative to overcome problems and implement solutions swiftly.
- The ability to be results-orientated in order to deliver optimum savings whilst managing lifecycle.
- To be able to explain relevant information clearly to both internal and external parties, adapting style according to recipient of information.
- To know when to use past experiences to identify and proportionally manage issues.
- To manage cases in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in client SLAs and the Firm's Policies and Best Practice Guidelines.
- To ensure that all Client work is progressed expeditiously, and that the Client is kept regularly informed in accordance with SLAs.
- At all times to exercise high standards of Client care in a professional manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm's Clients and Client documentation and information.
- To comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules of the Professional Conduct of Solicitors in accordance with the Firm's guidelines.
- To report breaches and deal with complaints in line with the Firm's policies.
- To respond to all requests for information and assistance from support teams in a timely manner.
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To assist with supervision of junior staff as required.
- To assist with added value services to clients as required.
- To take ownership for and attend all designated training as well as own self-development.
- Ideally 5 years + PQE or equivalent;
- A pro-active and results orientated approach;
- Initiative to overcome issues and implement solutions;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail;
- Good commercial awareness.
- Competitive salary which will be commensurate with experience.
BCL is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like