14th November 2022
Clinical Risk Solicitor NQ - 5+ PQE - Bristol
A leading, international Firm are seeking an experienced Solicitor to join their friendly and dynamic Clinical Risk team in Bristol. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to join an award-winning, progressive and highly specialised team.
As a Top 25 UK Firm, they pride themselves on their supportive, approachable culture. People are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. They believe their strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the 'whole you' to work. So if you're good at what you do, come as you are. The Firm's vision vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for their insight and their outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work.
You will join a highly regarded team which is one of the biggest clinical risk clusters nationally, operating across five office locations. The team have a proven track record in complex claims across all medical specialisms.
- Handling a challenging but fulfilling caseload of defendant clinical negligence work acting for a variety of clients, which may include work for NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, MDU, independent providers, and medical malpractice insurers.
- Drafting legal documents, conducting face to face negotiations and mediation of claims, preparing cases for and adhering to court deadlines.
- Engaging in direct client care, acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis, providing them with commercially focused legal advice, and adhering to their protocols and processes.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non-fee-earning activity. You will be encouraged to participate in knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications, and business development.
- Qualified Solicitor/Associate 0-5+ PQE with experience in clinical negligence, personal injury, civil litigation, or insurance law.
- Experience of an NHS Resolution or MDO panel firm would be desirable but is not essential.
- Strong technical and organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of clinical negligence claims simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams.
- Competitive market rate salary plus benefits.
- Competitive bonus scheme.
- Flexible working. Home working and part-time will be considered.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.