- Job Search
- Child Abduction Solicitor
Child Abduction Solicitor - London
An established, regional firm are seeking a experienced Children Abduction Solicitor to join their growing Legal 500 team in London.
The Firm enjoys a national reputation for delivering first-class services in a range of disciplines and many of their lawyers are renowned legal experts, providing training and publishing in their areas. There is a strong commitment to employees, with regular internal training for all levels off experience. There is a firm-wide open door policy, adding to their supportive working environment.
The family department are an established and experienced department with a friendly and supportive working environment. They are listed in the UK Chambers Guide and Legal 500 with many of the solicitors being individually recommended lawyers. Your wellbeing is very important to the team and they offer flexible and hybrid working practices. The firm are paperless, making remote working easy and effective.
The Firm seeks to appoint a talented and experienced Family Solicitor with a specialism in child abduction matters. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their management and/or supervisory skills in a supportive and thriving children team and take a key role in the child abduction team's development and future.
· Running a caseload of family law files including international child abduction cases under the Hague Convention for both Applicant and Respondents, applications under the Inherent Jurisdiction/wardship, enforcement/recognition under Brussels II Revised, international permission to remove/relocation cases, private law children cases and domestic violence applications.
· Effective supervision of the child abduction team ensuring high levels of client care and substantive case work are maintained.
· Development of the child abduction team.
· Achieving goals set including in relation to time recording and billing.
· Undertaking advocacy on your cases and for colleagues where needed.
· Keeping up to date with general legal developments, particularly relating to your specialist field.
· Ensuring practices and procedures in the firm and departmental manuals are accurately adhered to in order to maintain professional, Legal Aid Agency, Lexcel and firm standards.
· Commitment to business development including attending events, writing articles and being proactive on social media.
- Resolution Specialist Accreditation, including Child abduction portfolio/Law Society Family Law. Advanced Accreditation including child abduction and wardship portfolio.
- Legal Aid Agency supervisor status or meets the criteria for LAA supervisor status.
- Detailed knowledge of Legal Aid Agency's regulations and guidance.
- Advocacy experience, preferably at all levels of court.
- Ability to work within the Legal Aid Agency's CCMS system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work efficiently under pressure, and meet targets.
- Problem solving ability and legal research skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate and support others.
- Ability to work within departmental management processes and respond effectively to management requests.
- Good IT skills.
- Adaptability and an enthusiasm to learn and develop skills.
- Previous experience of managing and/or developing a team.
- Proficiency in social media.
- Good marketing, networking and business development skills.
- Hybrid/flexible working opportunity.
- Competitive market rate salary and annual review.
- Bonus scheme.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like