PRIVATE CLIENT SOLICITOR - LONDON
A leading UK and International firm are seeking a motivated Private Client Solicitor to join their reputable team in London.
The firm has established a strong reputation in a variety of sectors, particularly technology, private wealth, shipping and real estate. Their lawyers are also recognised for their expertise in life sciences, education, retail, sports and entertainment and international trade. The firm's broad international focus is supported by well-established links with law firms throughout the world. Despite their size and international reach, the firm are conscious that culture and close working relationships are vital assets and are determined to maintain these as they expand. With an impressive client base, excellent learning and development opportunities and a friendly culture that is second to none, this firm are building and maintaining an extremely progressive business.
The successful candidate will join a highly respected team dedicated to private wealth advice, UK and international tax planning and asset protection, advising individuals, family offices, family businesses and fiduciaries. The team has the support of leading practitioners from a number of practice areas across the firm, when required.
They are looking for someone who has private client experience in domestic and international work in both trust and tax matters. Candidates should have good communication and organisational skills and be motivated to support a successful and growing team with an interesting and diverse client base. The role offers excellent quality work in a collegiate and supportive environment and candidates should be committed to developing their technical skills with the support of active mentoring from colleagues and the firm's Knowledge team to service clients and develop their own careers.
- To undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the division.
- To contribute to the successful development of the firm in line with the team's business plan and firms' commonality of purpose.
- To deliver a high quality technical and commercial legal service ensuring personal compliance with quality standards and professional ethics.
- To be an ambassador for the firm at all times and always promote it in a positive light.
- To be able to contribute to the efficiency of matter management by being thorough, proactive and following processes and to take ownership of his/her area of the matter.
- To use his/her initiative to think through and research issues, identify problems and design solutions for review; to take matters forward once approved.
- To produce detailed and accurate work, maintaining an overview of the matter.
- To demonstrate financial awareness through assisting in the billing process, understand the impact of their and others' billable time on the matter, participates in the billing process as required (e.g. timely billing, chasing for payment).
- To demonstrate clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, focusing on the key points in a structured manner and presents a reasoned argument in a clear, logical and persuasive way.
- Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Experience in domestic private client tax and trust work, particularly with will preparation, lasting powers of attorney, probate work.
- Ideally to be a student or full member of STEP.
- Agile working policy allowing employees to work from home for at least 50% of their time.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.